Thursday, June 23, 2011

Unemployment & Unions Problem Solved

In America there is an unemployment problem and many think these numbers will continue to rise. I decided tonight I would put some thought to this issue and see if I could come up with a simple solution. While considering the issue of unemployment I had to consider unions in my thoughts and very quickly a light bulb went off in my head! Unions have served a purpose in America but their time has expired, I think that this is where we could look to solve some unemployment problems.
Businesses that employ union workers should let the contracts run out and tell these employees to buzz off, sorry about your luck! These employers could then hire from the unemployment pool (reducing unemployment) and get some good workers that appreciate jobs. Not that the union workers didn't but they did take advantage of their employment. Most would say that this would create more unemployment but I disagree because when employers can pay a reasonable wage then more workers would be hired. Any business that is not being strong-armed by the employees and unions can afford to hire more. Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment