Sunday, September 2, 2012

Romney And Obama With Number 2 Pencils

One convention down, one more to go! Am I better off than I was 4 years ago? Absolutely not, I have a great big headache from listening to all the garbage related to campaigns. Most recently, I just finished watching an interview with David Axelrod who had plenty to say but did it without answering a single question. This is becoming the norm as I watch more and more of these suits on television talking up their candidates and the candidates themselves. I think this automatically puts Romney at a disadvantage because in presidential elections it could be argued that the best talker wins, if I justify the need for likeability numbers. Now here is a problem I think I can solve! If the election results in the best talker winning lets stop voting. Sounds crazy but I might have a solution for choosing the best man/woman for the job. Instead of a vote, we can have the parties select an equal amount of questions to be placed on a test to be taken by the chosen candidates. This eliminates the need for all the money spending, headache inducing campaigning and we put the smartest of the candidates in office. No president will ever satisfy all Americans but in a situation like this all Americans can feel like one was smarter than the other and this is the person in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment