Monday, September 3, 2012

Network Convention Cams Selective Recording

I think it is safe to say that in situations where large groups of people are gathered it's not uncommon to find a few troublemakers in the crowd and I would never suggest that this is appropriate but it does seem to be the norm especially in a society filled with so many ignorant people. It was my intention to ignore the story about the camera person who had peanuts thrown at them and some sort of feeding the animal comment but the more I read reports of the incident the more I am puzzled at why a professional camera person did not have footage. I find it a bit troubling that this would be a news story that involved a professional camera person while doing their job without the footage (not even spectator cell phone footage). Since I know there is usually more than one side to a story, I just don't get it! This story has gotten more attention than the journalists that were beaten at a red light in Norfolk, Virginia recently and that case included some debate but this case involved a camera person with no footage and some idiots. Why is this such a big story while others are ignored?  

No comments:

Post a Comment